The science park of Lannion houses several multinational corporations, such as Nokia and Orange Labs Research and Development Centre, and numerous smaller businesses which specialise in telecoms, photonics and electronics.
The IUT has established partnerships with these companies, providing our departments have access to state-of-the art equipment as well as academic collaborations with professionals.
The Bachelor University of Technology (B.U.T.)
The B.U.T. is a national diploma in 3 years (180 ECTS) recognized in Europe and internationally.
Students complete a wide range of general courses (Math, English and Communication Skills) and scientific or technical courses. Our courses combine a mixture of lectures, theory and pratical classes in smaller groups.
The students benefit from an important academic programme taught by professors and researchers who work in internationally renowned laboratories.
Students spends 70% of the 2000 contact hours provided over the three-year period on vocational courses and 30% on general courses.
The 3rd year, which is professional, includes specific courses focused on technologiy and project . In addition, a three-to-five-month internship is required during the second and third year. As can be seen, this curriculum strongly emphasizes industrially relevant practical and hands-on work.
The internationalization of the bachelor's degree is at the heart of the trainig offering courses in English, abroad periods of study semesters in our foreign partner universities or internship around the world.
Numerous possibilities for futher studies exist during the 3 years or at the end of the 3 years as well as an integration into the professional world.
The IUTs in the French Higher Education System
Undergraduate Courses at the IUT of Lannion
Business Communication & Journalism
- B.U.T. Information-Communication parcours Communication des Organisations
- B.U.T. Information-Communication parcours Journalisme
Computer Science, Telecommunications & Network Systems
- B.U.T. Informatique, parcours "Administration, gestion et exploitation des données" et "Réalisation d'applications : conception, développement, validation"
- B.U.T. Métiers du Multimédia et de l’Internet, parcours "Développement web et dispositifs interactifs" et "Stratégie de communication numérique et design d'expérience"
- B.U.T. Réseaux & Télécommunications, parcours "cybersécurité" et "Développement système et cloud"
Chemical Engineering & Applied Physics